The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
Boy, this seems like a dumb question, but does the seat fold down in a '66 C10? If it does, I can't find a release for it anywhere. I'm getting a gas smell in my cab and want to get back to the tank to look for leaks. I can slide the seat forward on the tracks, but its not enough room to get to the tank. Am I going to have to remove the entire seat?

Thanks,
Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
In my '65 c10 with a bench seat - ya just pull the back of the seat foward and it lays down....

-W

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The back of the bench seat in my '66 C-10 folds down, but the arm rest will hold it in place if the driver's door is closed. If it does not fold down, you may have a seat from a different vehicle.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
I believe there were 2 different seats that were used, one had a back that could be folded forward and the other was stationary. In my '70 C10 it is stationary.


Ralph Davis
1970 Chevy C10 Webshots
My Stovebolt Gallery page

Old trucks never die, they just find a new home.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 60 has one that folds. Their might be nuts on the bottom back corners of the seat that will keep it from folding. Good Luck

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
I looked close again last night and mine has 2 large screws at what might otherwise be the hinge or pivot point, about 4" apart. This seems to effectively be locking it in place. So maybe my seat has been changed, bummer.

Thanks,
Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
The folding seat was an option, iirc. Some guys would take a screw out to make it a folder, but they used a 2x4 on the gas tank for a stop.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
Steve,

My 66 just folds forward, no locking mechanism. There's one bolt at the tip of the bracket coming down from the back of the seat. As you lay it back, it rests on adjustable stops sticking up from the bottom of the seat frame. You are welcome to come over and look at mine to get an idea or I can send a pic.

Rance


66 C10 FS/LB 292/4-spd manual (I also enjoy Hang Gliding)
I'm too sexy for my hair, that's why it isn't there
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
Mine is definately a non-fold down type. What a pain.

He Rance - how's you new truck doing? Send me an e-mail with your progress.

Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Since my post I have learned what bigbassman and Fred T have already posted - two different kinda seats.

Kinda weid... but I a guy I know just took his bench seat out of his '66 cuz it wouldn't fold down.

-W


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0