The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (MickeyP, 2-Ton, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 42
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 42
I have a complete '54 Chevrolet five window body, in relatively good condition. I have the opportunity to get a '91 Z71 4-wheel drive frame, with all the 4-wheel drive guts. Would like to have a good 4-wheel drive in this nice looking body. Anyone have any thoughts on the wisdom (or stupidity) of attempting this marriage? Any known serious impediments? All assistance much appreciated. wjb

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I'm pretty sure the track width will make your tires stick out past your fenders. May look alittle odd.
Just a thought,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 42
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 42
Scott---Thanks for pointing that out. I'll definitely measure to see if I can determine if that will be a problem.

I was also wondering if the running board brackets would fit properly with the newer frame? wjb

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Although I've never done it, there's been a lot of talk about the "S10" series truck frames and axle assemblies make a better upgrade. I know you can still put the V-8 stuff in it but have the narrower suspension. As far as the runningboards go, that would be a relatively easy modification compared to the rest of the conversion.
Take a lot of measurements which ever way you go,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0