The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, baldeagle, 52Carl), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,714
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
Not quite "Overhaulin" speed but finished none the less. I welcome your comments. Link To Webshots Albums

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
Very nice job! Now you have to get to work on the rest of the trucks in the background of those "before" pictures. wink


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
Came out great!


Gangster whites and straight pipes.....
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
the before photos are from the Ebay auction listing. thankfully those "background" trucks are in Tacoma, WA and I am in West Virginia. That should be far enough away that I won't have to worry about them.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
Very sweet looking truck, but why no pictures of the motor??


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 279
Look again,theres pics of the motor.


Gangster whites and straight pipes.....
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 192
5
Member
Member
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 192
very nice job,whats next?

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
hrockwell.

wow!

sweet truck!

excellent job.

Interesting mirrors and tail lights. I see a few other neat touches also. I like it.

-W

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
Not only did you do a great job on the truck in record time but the before/after pics layout is really good.


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
I REALLY like a black truck!!! wink

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Two thumbs up!! FYI, you can still run that old 6 volt horn on the 12 volt, IF you went to 12V and IF the horn was working. Great job.

Super job on the home-made 6x9 box and enclosure for the cd player. Did you use fabric on wood for the cd box?


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Nice rig!


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Super nice, I'll be ther sooner rather than later,

Want to come finish mine?


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Wow! Nice job. It took me 11 months just to re-wire my headlights!
Oh yeah, I like the stock air cleaner better than the small chrome.
-David
Kustoms-and-Sleds


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I think I am on the 11 year plan.


Don't you know who I think I am?
I've been thinkin' about freaking out. If I could just find the time.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifrizlfri
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 175
Yep looks like you did the engine compartment as nice as the rest. GREAT job
Boo


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Chrome and black-it just don't get no prettier...[sigh] grin

Great job, thanks for sharing your pix.

Regards,
Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 66
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 66
Very Nice Job! and record breaking time to boot!
Great attention to detail, love the
radio in glovebox.
Enjoy!
pjdee

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 100
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 100
Sweeeet! Nothin' like a black truck. Great attention to detail. It's motivating me to get going on my rig...

Andy


A man is like an old truck... He will rust out before he wears out...
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
Thanks to all for your compliments. I'll try to answer some of your questions/comments :

What's next- One of my other hobbies is building furniture so I'll probably try inhaling some saw dust for a while instead of paint solvents.

The truck did get a 12 volt conversion and looking back I'm really not sure why I didn't keep the original horn. Could be I was getting tired of sandblasting.

I'm not thrilled with the small air cleaner and I'm looking for something that looks more original that uses a replaceable element. The one that was on the truck was the oil bath version and I just didn't want the mess.

The box that holds the CD head unit is wood and painted with Rustoleum Textured paint. I used the same paint in some other areas in the cab. The paint has a semi flat finish but if you give it an occasional coat of Vinylex it will keep a slight luster.

The speaker box is covered with material that Crutchfield calls "carpet" but is actually a heavy felt. It is very, very easy to cut, stretch and apply with spray adhesive plus it is cheap. I used the same material in black for the door and kick panels.

Thanks again for you compliments and of course all of the advice and guidance that I could always count on.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
What a beauty!! I am also on the 11 month plan ( plus 5 years and counting ) I have not seen a rear bumper with a bowtie...where did you get that?? Really liked the rectangle mirrors too..where did ya get those??


Blue 50

1950 3100 w/57 235
Patrick’s Saginaw 4 speed and 3:55 rear end
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 55
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 55
Well executed!


Sittin' Pretty in My Old Kentucky Home.
http://www.picturetrail.com/barneysbowtie
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 55
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 55
Well executed!


Sittin' Pretty in My Old Kentucky Home.
http://www.picturetrail.com/barneysbowtie
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
The bowtie on the rear bumper is a hood emblem for a Cavalier, about $17. I countersunk a small carriage bolt through the center, filled the hole with JB Weld and then covered the whole thing with 3M reflective tape, whew! all because of the unused 5th hole in the bumper.

The mirrors are from Chevy Duty. Note that the mirror is tough to align so you can use it because the mirror body doesn't have good clearance on the mounting arm.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0