The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,641
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#181636 09/25/2004 5:48 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
The Goodguys show is in town this weekend and I had a chance to go on a free ticket. Well at the gate the guy tells us these tickets are no good and you will have to pay if we want in. $15 and we are in, only 1/2 mile to go to get to the cars! There were lots more trucks this year, bad news is they were all chopped or trashed in one way or another. I can't believe what some people due to stuff! One had a 37 Chevy cab, f*rd fenders and grill, and some kind of homemade bed. A really nice '40 F*rd, had 4 small rectangle headlights from a late model car. Someone even made a convertable out of a '39 Chevy COE. And everyone had a small block Chevy, talk about follow the leader. Most were really painted nice, but the designs were lacking taste. There were some really nice cars as well, looks like old wagons are really in style along with big old Cady's, the bigger the better. I sure wish the big wheel and tire crazy would go away, and you really are a nobody if you don't have air-ride so it drops in the dirt when you park... Joe the nobody.

#181637 09/25/2004 6:44 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 268
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 268
Sorry you didn't like what you seen, maybe some of the pics I just posted from the Peach Day Car Show 2004 will cheer you up. I just posted 48 pics form the September 11 2004 show.

#181638 09/25/2004 2:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
Jolly--

Peachtree looks like it was a nice show thanks for sharin. smile


Buzz'n Half Dozen
#181639 09/25/2004 3:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Jolly-

Nice pics--some great trucks, but I like the little red wagon for draggin'!

#181640 09/25/2004 4:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 26
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 26
So whats wrong with a Chevy Small Block?

Im planning on putting one in my truck, and updating the tranny, along with the front end and the rear end. However, everything else will be just like out of the factory. I dont like chop-tops and extreme customizations....But I do want some get up and go in my truck...am I gonna be hated here after all this is done? frown frown frown

#181641 09/25/2004 4:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
Hated? No way. There will be some folks here that will show ya that a 6 can be built in such a way to have the get up and go you are looking for. I grew up with small block chevy motors being the standard. Now I know what you can do to a 6.

The line you will hear around this place....it's your truck.

#181642 09/26/2004 4:03 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
Sorry about the small block remark, it just that there are so many of them. I would really the power of V8, but not if means being like every other guy. I really like to be different. When I really get tired of the 6 cyl, I pull out one of my 455 Pontiacs and stuff it in. Then I can twist up some frame rails! Joe

#181643 09/26/2004 5:29 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Hey Joe H. I was there also and I noticed 1 '49 blue Chevy 3100 that was restored to original. Very nicely done. And there was some customs that I personally thought were ugly. Although there was a lot of customs and slightly and severely modified trucks and cars, I still had fun.

#181644 09/26/2004 9:22 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
The Fort Worth Goodguys show is next weekend. We'll probably go. We went last year. Admit there's not much there for the purist but I'm versitile. I like all the old stuff. Saw some neat rides last year.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
#181645 09/26/2004 10:10 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I wen,t to the goodguys show also. I enjoy the
parts displays. There were so many cars it was
hard to see them all. I bought a 56 stovebolt
1/2 ton last year at the mecum auction there.
It was areal sharp truck. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
#181646 09/26/2004 10:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
wish I could go but I will be on the water, at 70 cents a min, dont know how much I will check in on the bolt grin


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#181647 09/26/2004 10:32 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
1st mistake was going to goodguys and expecting to find a stock truck, get a grip!

The Goodguys show is in town this weekend and I had a chance to go on a free ticket. Well at the gate the guy tells us these tickets are no good and you will have to pay if we want in. $15 and we are in, only 1/2 mile to go to get to the cars! There were lots more trucks this year, bad news is they were all chopped or trashed in one way or another. I can't believe what some people due to stuff! One had a 37 Chevy cab, f*rd fenders and grill, and some kind of homemade bed.

you act like they started out with a complete, restored truck!
guess you give no points for originallity!

A really nice '40 F*rd, had 4 small rectangle headlights from a late model car. Someone even made a convertable out of a '39 Chevy COE.

how do you know what he started with?

it may not've had a top.

And everyone had a small block Chevy, talk about follow the leader.

i don't blame 'em.
maybe they actually drive theirs and want to be able to get home without waiting for an oddball valve spring or something.

Most were really painted nice, but the designs were lacking taste.

(YOUR taste?)

There were some really nice cars as well, looks like old wagons are really in style along with big old Cady's, the bigger the better. I sure wish the big wheel and tire crazy would go away, and you really are a nobody if you don't have air-ride so it drops in the dirt when you park...

again, YOUR taste.
btw bags and semi wheels don't do it for me, either.

Joe the nobody.


i miss obscene phone calls...
#181648 09/27/2004 4:28 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
I am glad all those that went had a good time, I did to. And yes in my opinion some of the trucks weren't to my liking. Its up to the owner to do as he pleases with each vehicle. There are so many to look at at a show like this, that after awhile you start to look for something wrong with a car or truck instead of whats right with it. I believe Saturday there were over 4000 entries.

I don't think every car or truck fits the same mold like the magazines want you to believe. They all must set low, have a V8, have big wheels and tires. A little modification goes along way on some and a lot is needed on others. I like them to look stock but be able to run with the pack.

Joe

#181649 09/27/2004 1:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Some people will do anything to win a trophy... The Ox might get one for ugliest truck someday.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#181650 09/27/2004 3:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really enjoy seeing what others do with their trucks or cars. Some treatments may be a bit bizarre in my opinion but I still appreciate that someone took the time and effort to save a piece of unique metal from the scrapper. At the least the odd ones show you what not to do to yours. Also, if you are put off by custom trucks then the Goodguys events and similar will continue to disappoint you. You might consider sticking with museums. I will be in Ft Worth for the Goodguys next weekend and will have my digital to record the trucks that interest me.

#181651 09/28/2004 5:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
Ahhh.... "Beauty is in the eye of the builder"


Old trucks, old bikes, aged whiskey and classy women.. It don't get much better then that!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0