| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,217 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 2 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 2 | Been lurking on this forum for quite some time. In college so I don't have money for the stovebolt however I do have a honda (I know...), which is where my question lies. She is starting to develop some rust and I don't care for it too much. Knowing that some of you guys have used POR-15 for restoration work I was curious if it could be used for my honda's rust problems? I was thinking of applying it to the rusted areas, front and back and then painting it with a rattle can to make it look nice. Would this work? Is there an easier way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Clark | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 | Welcome Yep, it should work. Paint both sides then topcoat it. Good luck.
Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I have heard of Por-15 all over the place but never really looked into it. I hear it is good stuff though. Could someone please tell me more about it and give some expirences you have had with it? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | That kind of application is exactly what POR-15 is meant for.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 2 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 2 | Thanks for the replies Bill and 4. I'll give it a try and hopefully from then on my car won't be falling apart around me while driving.
Clark | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 | Make sure the surface is sqeeking clean from grease - use metal /prep/clean or break cleaner. Even greasy finger prints can make por 15 peel off. But if you prep the surface right it is the best paint money can buy.
Frank
p.s. POR means paint over rust - it works not so good on blank metal. | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | So you can paint it right on top of rust? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 | That`s what POR is is made for. Just remove the loose stuff with a wire brush and than degrease everything. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 49 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 49 | Be sure to where gloves when using this because it will not come off of your hands for 7 days. I learned the hard way. The fumes are very toxic use in a well ventalted area. The stuff really works good. I used it on my floor pans as well in the whole engine compartment | | |
| |
| |