The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#179509 04/14/2005 12:57 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Been lurking on this forum for quite some time. In college so I don't have money for the stovebolt however I do have a honda (I know...), which is where my question lies. She is starting to develop some rust and I don't care for it too much. Knowing that some of you guys have used POR-15 for restoration work I was curious if it could be used for my honda's rust problems? I was thinking of applying it to the rusted areas, front and back and then painting it with a rattle can to make it look nice. Would this work? Is there an easier way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Clark

#179510 04/14/2005 2:24 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
Welcome
Yep, it should work. Paint both sides then topcoat it.
Good luck.


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
#179511 04/14/2005 3:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard of Por-15 all over the place but never really looked into it. I hear it is good stuff though. Could someone please tell me more about it and give some expirences you have had with it?

#179512 04/14/2005 9:18 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
That kind of application is exactly what POR-15 is meant for.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
#179513 04/14/2005 6:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks for the replies Bill and 4. I'll give it a try and hopefully from then on my car won't be falling apart around me while driving.

Clark

#179514 04/14/2005 6:53 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
Make sure the surface is sqeeking clean from grease - use metal /prep/clean or break cleaner.
Even greasy finger prints can make por 15 peel off.
But if you prep the surface right it is the best paint money can buy.

Frank

p.s. POR means paint over rust - it works not so good on blank metal.

#179515 04/15/2005 3:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you can paint it right on top of rust?

#179516 04/15/2005 7:13 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
That`s what POR is is made for. Just remove the loose stuff with a wire brush and than degrease everything.

#179517 04/16/2005 1:37 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
Be sure to where gloves when using this because it will not come off of your hands for 7 days. I learned the hard way. The fumes are very toxic use in a well ventalted area. The stuff really works good. I used it on my floor pans as well in the whole engine compartment


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0