The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gib70, Gray_Ghost, 55shaker, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#178027 11/24/2004 6:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
I would like to relate the difference between a Stovebolter and a mere Stovebolt Owner.

I took the day off, and instead of walking the dogs in my neighborhood, I drove my wife to work in Redmond, and walked the dogs there.
We cam upon a beauty of a 56-57 shortbed stepside. It was well used, but very solid. No holes or dents and very slight surface rust here and there. It had chrome bumpers, and a logo on the side that said V8 and (I think but I'm not sure) it said Hydramatic (Well, it was something-a-matic anyhow ).
It's a GMC. The interior was complete and stock and very clean. Stock wheels and good tires.

A guy, whom I assume is the owner, came out and was getting into a new pickup parked behind it. He saw me admiring the Jimmy and in a loud voice said, "It's not for sale."
I told him I was just admiring it and he repeated, "It's not for sale godammit!"

Normally, when I meet a 'bolter, I make sure he/she knows about this website. But this guy didn't give me an inch.

Maybe he was just having a bad day.


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Yeah, maybe the dog crapped on the carpet and then he spilled coffee on himself. wink Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
You gotta expect people to admire and ask questions and make comments and what not when you have an old vehicle. If I'm out working on the Pontiac and people walk by or drive by, I'm surprised if they DON'T say anything. People often make a point to stop and chat it up for a bit. You gotta expect it. And hey man, I love talking about my truck and car.
-David
Kustoms-and-Sleds


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
There's no excuse for being rude. Unfortunately, it seems to be pandemic these days. I suppose he might have been more friendly if he saw you drive up in your truck...


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Being rude is the rule nowadays, haven't ya'll watched any ball games? You're lucky he didn't shoot you. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
This guy is also a A.. H...


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
grin grin grin Quite true on the ballgames!!!!! Worse than politics--somebody's gonna get killed. I've never understood how anybody can get as worked up as they do over children's games played by adults--but they do--eventually prolly have to outlaw sports here on the Bolt grin grin Civility in American society is becomin rare.


Buzz'n Half Dozen
#178033 11/25/2004 12:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7
V
Junior Member
Junior Member
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7
There is never an excuse for rude behavior, it would have been better for him to simply remain silent.

Also, there is NEVER, EVER an excuse for taking the Gods name in vein.

Isn't there an old saying that goes something like "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."


"I MUST DO AS THE VOICES IN MY TACKLE BOX COMMAND" >*)))))><{
#178034 11/26/2004 12:37 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 132
should have told him you were just checking it out in case you wanted to steal it.


i miss obscene phone calls...

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0