Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Harmon Hodge),
113
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,700 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 578 | I would like to relate the difference between a Stovebolter and a mere Stovebolt Owner.
I took the day off, and instead of walking the dogs in my neighborhood, I drove my wife to work in Redmond, and walked the dogs there. We cam upon a beauty of a 56-57 shortbed stepside. It was well used, but very solid. No holes or dents and very slight surface rust here and there. It had chrome bumpers, and a logo on the side that said V8 and (I think but I'm not sure) it said Hydramatic (Well, it was something-a-matic anyhow ). It's a GMC. The interior was complete and stock and very clean. Stock wheels and good tires.
A guy, whom I assume is the owner, came out and was getting into a new pickup parked behind it. He saw me admiring the Jimmy and in a loud voice said, "It's not for sale." I told him I was just admiring it and he repeated, "It's not for sale godammit!"
Normally, when I meet a 'bolter, I make sure he/she knows about this website. But this guy didn't give me an inch.
Maybe he was just having a bad day.
"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 734 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 734 | Yeah, maybe the dog crapped on the carpet and then he spilled coffee on himself.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. You gotta expect people to admire and ask questions and make comments and what not when you have an old vehicle. If I'm out working on the Pontiac and people walk by or drive by, I'm surprised if they DON'T say anything. People often make a point to stop and chat it up for a bit. You gotta expect it. And hey man, I love talking about my truck and car. -David Kustoms-and-Sleds | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 | There's no excuse for being rude. Unfortunately, it seems to be pandemic these days. I suppose he might have been more friendly if he saw you drive up in your truck...
Gord 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | Being rude is the rule nowadays, haven't ya'll watched any ball games? You're lucky he didn't shoot you. Brian | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | This guy is also a A.. H... Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 384 |
Buzz'n Half Dozen
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 7 | There is never an excuse for rude behavior, it would have been better for him to simply remain silent.
Also, there is NEVER, EVER an excuse for taking the Gods name in vein.
Isn't there an old saying that goes something like "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
"I MUST DO AS THE VOICES IN MY TACKLE BOX COMMAND" >*)))))><{
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 132 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 132 | should have told him you were just checking it out in case you wanted to steal it.
i miss obscene phone calls...
| | |
| |