The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#168026 04/25/2005 7:23 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
Did Chevy use a support brace on the roof for all AD years? Mine has none, and there are no mounting holes or signs that someone cut it off (no signs of welds where it would have attached). I'm not sure which year my cab was built, but I think it is 51,52,or 53.


'53 chevy 3/4 ton
#168027 04/25/2005 8:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not clear on what you mean in terms of a support brace? Can you clarify? Are you talking about the headliner bracing or a structural bracing?

#168028 04/25/2005 8:55 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
I'm not sure........ my cab has nothing at all across the inner roof panel. I've seen some other AD cabs which have a cross member of some sort. Perhaps this is just something to attach headliner to?? I just need to know what needs to be there in order to attach the headliner board and/or support the roof. thanks


'53 chevy 3/4 ton
#168029 04/25/2005 9:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a headliner bow. It is not a structural member for the roof. It is a type of "S" channel which unfortunately is not reproduced to my knowledge but they do make one piece headliner pans which you can paint or upholster to match your interior. Hope this helps. If you must have one then I would look either in the swap meet here or on another old truck. Should be the same for all year AD trucks.

#168030 04/25/2005 9:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
ok, so if I decide to use a one-piece headliner kit I can just install without having to find or make any sort of cross piece. That sounds great.

thanks much!!!


'53 chevy 3/4 ton
#168031 04/25/2005 9:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
There are two kinds of headliner bows for the AD series. There were fastened differently but did the same job.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0