| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
106
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,181 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 | I was looking at one of the vendors to order a new floor mat for my truck and was given a choice of high tranny hump or low tranny hump...how do I tell which one I have? Since the truck originally had a 4 speed on the floor I'm assuming that it is a high hump. Anybody know for sure how to tell? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | auto & 3 speed trucks got low hump, all 4 speeds got high hump, it unbolts from floor. how is engine project going,,brian | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 | Brian, Engine looks good! I put it on the stand in my garage and have been cleaning, painting and salvaging parts off the old engine. It was an amazing transformation pulling the old one out and putting the "new" one in. I got it put in the truck last weekend. I'll try and figure out how to post some pics.
Morris | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | restoman told me that the turbo 400 tranny was a high hump | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | not - 4spd's had the hump to clear the shift tower
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Ok thanks. I still don't know what it was built with but am getting closer | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 45 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 45 | Can anyone answer the low hump/high hump question for a 65 C20 that has a Muncie conversion? I don't know which tranny was originally in it. How high off the footwell is the low vs high hump? How wide? I want to get a rubber floor mat for this pup but not sure which one to order. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | The dog house of both the high hump and low hump style, is attached with bolts to capture nuts on the under side of the floor board. The low hump will have a smooth, mild curved shape covering the opening. The high hump dog house is nearly vertical and squared at the sides and rises approximately 6" and flattens off at the top where the floor shift tower pokes through the cover. High Hump Dog House Cover Low Hump Dog House Cover | | |
| |
| |