The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Peggy M, Jeff Ogden, moparguy, mvigo, walter74), 93 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,702
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
Has anyone used, bought, seen a roddoors in cab back panel?
they are made of ABS, can be covered any way you want, they will fit over the 'in-cab' tank or they have a no-tank panel available.
how do they look, fit?

'47-`55* Rear Cab Cover - Smooth $189
'47-`55* Rear Cab Cover - Smooth -with tank $199
`47-`59 Chevy Gas Tank Cover
`47-`59 Gas Tank Cover $199
http://www.roddoors.com/chevytruckdoors.html
Look about the middle of the page.


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
have looked (drooled) over their products for the last several yrs. at the street rod nats in louisville. they have an ad cab on a dollie done up with their interior package. dont really remember the back panel by itself but remember the back aera being covered ,but was sure impressed with the whole package. seat sat fantastic.would love to have the extra funds to pull that one off......dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
They do make the abs panel with or without the tank. Like david i'm hoping for the funds to do my 50.


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
http://community.webshots.com/user/46metal
Carolines truck,click on the link above, then click on my photos. This is my first try at this sort of thing. 1. bard door skins 2. covered with
pvc and test mounted on truck. 3. covered with closed cell foam then tweed material to match the kick panels and 4 back metal panel. I think it will look ok when I get finished. I wasn't hard at all. Beats Rod Doors price. Hope this works, as it's the first time trying this. lol

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
no pics on that link.


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
wilbur, when the link opens click on My Photos,
another link will open up and scroll down and click on Ed's 46 Chevy 1/2 Ton. I just checked
and it works. Ed

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
wilbur, the reason no pictures are showing is because somehow when I registered with Webshots
I'm showing my photos ad private. I'm trying to figure out how to change this.???? I tried to edit, but to no avail. Will keep working on it.
I had a feeling I'd screw this up. lol Ed

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
wilbur, the link should work now. Let me know if it works and what you think. Thanks 46metal

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 427
Yep works.
I like it very much, Looks like it makes it easy to do.

Love the bolt!


1950 Chevy p\u 3100. lt1 Corvette powered.
Owner\ autoglass unlimited/Ultra Clear Body Shield
Cowboys creo: taste your words before you spit them out
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/getm24_2000/
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
Thanks, It took me awhile to figure out how to
make the panels, but after I got started it wasn't that hard. Still have a lot of work to do.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
the link does not work 46


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
carolines truck, I just tried the link again,
and it's working fine. If you like pm me and I'll send you the pictures. Try it again and you
should see Ed's 461/2 ton

http://community.webshots.com/user/46metal

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
I'm in the process of replacing the dang tar paper cab back now. Was going to use a fibre backed carpet pad once i get the old stuff off. Have a 62 with the tank moved and looking for somthing better looking. They don't show your idea for a 62. checking further, thanks.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
I now get the link
many thanks 46


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0