The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (53 green 1- ton, dt235sd), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163138 06/16/2005 11:57 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
I've had problem with fluid leaking onto my right foot (and the floor mat) ever since I had a master cylinder fail and replaced it.

I figgered the fluid was brake fluid leaking from the rear seal of the rebuilt M/C. So I replaced it and still had the problem.

Further investigation showed that it ain't brake fluid. It's oil. And it's coming from the area of the oil pressure gauge. I just discovered this yesterday while trying to get the fuel gauge working again (I found that the tan wire had broken and I'll be darned if I can find the other end of it.)

So...is the leak a common issue? Does the fitting just loosen up? Or is it more likely to be a problem with the gauge itself? I woulda done more investigating yesterday, but life got in the way.

Thanks,

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 93
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 93
Ray, I had exactly the same problem with my oil pressure gauge. Even after I tightened the fitting it would still drip. I then took the fitting off, put on some teflon tape, tightened her up and no more leak. You might want to give that a try. Don

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
Thanks, Don. I'll give that a shot today and report back to ya. smile

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I had the same problem last year. I was driving home from work, it was night time and I made a pitstop. Got out and had oil on my shoe and pants. With mine, it was the gauge itself. Developed a little crack that dripped nicely under pressure. I tried some epoxy and it worked for a few days, then started leaking again. I installed an aftermarket gauge temporarily. It's been over a year now and the temporary gauge is still hooked up. grin
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0