| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,331 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 | Okay,
I will be pulling my steering column and seats this weekend. When strategizing last night it looked like at one point that there was a cover at one time that went over the gas tank behind my seats.
Are gas tank covers made or will this be something I need to fabricate?
Thanks, Chris
Chris 1955FirstSeries
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I cannot see in the assembly manual where a cover existed originally behind the seat but I do know that one is available aftermarket but it is more for street rod applications. I think Rod Doors supplies one. If you are using the stock seat though it may not matter as you can't get back there anyway. If you have a non-original seating setup then a cover would be the ticket if you have the tank located in the cab still. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 | Thank Houston54,
My truck is a streetrod, all original except for the 283, steering column and seats. I am putting in late 90's s-10 bench later this weekend and I will search for the aftermarket cover.
Thanks, Chris
Chris 1955FirstSeries
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Go to Roddoors.com. They have it for $179. If you have removed the tank as I have this opens up scads of storage space but their cover will not work well in that situation. I plan to insulation and cover with short pile carpet up the back to the belt line. Send me some pics when you get the seat in. I have not decided which way to go on that subject yet. Good Luck | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 19 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 19 | Roddoors has two types of covers. One for the original in-cab tank and one for the aftermarket swaps. | | |
| |
| |