The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, DES57, Tom McGrath), 118 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,296
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#161615 05/05/2004 4:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
Okay,

I will be pulling my steering column and seats this weekend. When strategizing last night it looked like at one point that there was a cover at one time that went over the gas tank behind my seats.

Are gas tank covers made or will this be something I need to fabricate?

Thanks,
Chris


Chris 1955FirstSeries
#161616 05/05/2004 5:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot see in the assembly manual where a cover existed originally behind the seat but I do know that one is available aftermarket but it is more for street rod applications. I think Rod Doors supplies one. If you are using the stock seat though it may not matter as you can't get back there anyway. If you have a non-original seating setup then a cover would be the ticket if you have the tank located in the cab still.

#161617 05/05/2004 5:44 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
Thank Houston54,

My truck is a streetrod, all original except for the 283, steering column and seats. I am putting in late 90's s-10 bench later this weekend and I will search for the aftermarket cover.

Thanks,
Chris


Chris 1955FirstSeries
#161618 05/05/2004 5:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to Roddoors.com. They have it for $179. If you have removed the tank as I have this opens up scads of storage space but their cover will not work well in that situation. I plan to insulation and cover with short pile carpet up the back to the belt line. Send me some pics when you get the seat in. I have not decided which way to go on that subject yet.
Good Luck

#161619 05/07/2004 5:59 AM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 19
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 19
Roddoors has two types of covers. One for the original in-cab tank and one for the aftermarket swaps.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0