| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 10 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 10 | Hey guys I have a strange question I hope I can discribe it correctly. I have a 49 chevy 5 window and on the inside of the cab around the doors there is suppost to be a wind lace (atleast I think thats what they call it) I have removed it and only the track is left. I was wondering if I can remove that track and not put the rubber back maybe upolster over or something like that I think the rubber is very ugly and I would like to get rid of it. Has anyone done this and if so what did you do?
Thanks Chris | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 66 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 66 | the windlace on my *late 49 (has a track that the windlace goes into, not sandwiched by a paice of steel and screws) doesnt even hit the door on 50% of it, so i dont think it will matter.
The seal on the door itself does all the sealing (on mine anyway)
BrianK
Sometimes, David beats Goliath. Nobody talks, however, about how many little guys Goliath already beat into the ground. . .
| | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | I bought a new windlace for both doors on my truck. When I do the interior, I'm gonna cover the new rubber with vinyl.
I think it helps keep a seal around the door ... noise and wind-noise ... at least that's what they're intended to do.
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 10 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 10 | Thanks everyone, I think I am going to take the rails off and upolster over the areas. I dont like the look of the rubber if I have to I think I will put some rubber around the door itself. But if anyone else has a different idea please let me know I am open for suggestions. Thanks again Chris | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 154 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 154 | Try to salvage some of the channel, it's not available any more and I need some that goes down the front edge. Zeke
The Amish Connection 51 Chevy 1/2 ton 5 window,Vortec hotrod, no horse
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 30 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 30 | I have thought of the same thing on a '51..however i wondered how to trim the edge. The rubber holds the covering..i will be watching this post..if you come up with an idea please post it here. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 19 | On the same note, I have a 52 cab that is just as you have described it: a channel with rubber in it around the doors. But I have a 48 cab that has a flat painted piece of trim that goes around the doors. Is this factory? I need some replacement. Where can i get it?
Rob Mathis
48 Half Ton with 235 & SM420
| | |
| |
| |