| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Oswald, Gdads51, Jon G, Southerntruck, HandyAndy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, 3B, Gray_Ghost, Peggy M, 3800GUY, 2 invisible),
126
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,805 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,805 | If I shake or jostle my coil (in my hand , not on installed), I can hear the oil in it sloshing around. I've never noticed this before on any other coil. There aren't any leaks and everything appears to be working properly so it probably doesn't matter.
If it does, let me know.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 | Virtually all can-type coils are oil filled. If you can feel the oil sloshing around, the coil has lost some of the volume of oil it was manufactured with. I'd be prone to have a replacement unit handy to keep from getting stranded when (not if) it fails. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,805 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,805 | Gotcha.
I've never heard that sloshing before so I thought it was unusual.
There hasn't ever been any evidence of oil leakage from the coil, however but I will order a new one
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | |
| |
| |