| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 257 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 257 | What are these bolt heads I'm seeing on my newly acquired truck, like the ones attaching the rear fenders to the bed sides? Where can I pick up a set of sockets that fit those?
Thanks. David | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 | Red, If you are talking about the style of bolts that look like a mini fig 8.......They are Clutch Head. Most of the vendors carry a set of them,for the sizes that you will need,in screwdriver style. Any decent tool supply will carry them also  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 24 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 24 | ace hardware sells the clutch head bits | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 261 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 261 | Sears tools and Auto parts NAPA stores can get them for you. Also the Filling Station www.fillingstation.com or Chevy's of the 40's have them.
34 & 35 trucks are the greatest
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 199 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 199 | A good tool is a impact socket driver in 3/8 size and buy your clutch head bits to match along with the clutch head screwdriver set and you will be good to go!!! The clutch head bits for the 3/8 driver will fit your standard 3/8 rachet and that gives you a lot of versitilty. Hobert
"The Lord is my shepherd"
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 257 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 257 | I searched for quite a while online yesterday. I found and bought some clutch head screwdrivers, but could only find the bits in the smaller sized heads with a 1/4" shaft. I found nothing in the 3/8" shaft size and 5/16" head size. I'll keep looking but figure I'll have to make due with the screwdrivers for the larger size. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | need to search in all the right places: set of 4, up to 5/16 - all the GM repro suppliers have'em, and other styles [bits only] are available from SnapOn and other tool dealers Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Set of 5 clutch-head tips/bits with holder from Chevs of the 40's. They also sell the separate bits. I like the bits because you can also use them with a ratchet or with other handles/drivers. Tim | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 257 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 257 | Thanks, tclederman. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll put an order in right now. | | |
| |
| |