Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna, tclederman, klhansen, KEVINSKI, StevenO, 55shaker),
122
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#15676 08/04/2003 11:49 PM | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 | I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but I wanted to give it a shot. Has anyone ordered parts from ChevyDuty.com? Their catalog looks extremely complete, and the prices are the best I've seen so far... I need to order quite a few parts for my truck and they seem to have all of them, but I want to make sure that I'm not going to get screwed over with poor service or cheap parts. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!
Neil 1955 Chevy 3200
| | |
#15677 08/05/2003 12:46 AM | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 40 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 40 | I've ordered from them and have no complaints | | |
#15678 08/05/2003 12:52 AM | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 428 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 428 | Have dealt with them off and on for almost 20 years with no complaints. Their prices are some of the best. | | |
#15679 08/05/2003 1:06 AM | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 587 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 587 | Chevy Duty has good prices, most of their stuff is the same poor quality reproduction stuff all the vendors carry. They are extremely fast in their shipping, and if you order over $300 worth of stuff, the shipping is free. The few times I have had trouble with their stuff, they fixed the problem. The only place I have found to have slightly better prices is Truck Shop, but their customer service is poor, and shipping is extremely slow. And no free shipping. | | |
#15680 08/05/2003 1:42 AM | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 | Thanks for the responses! I just ordered parts for my '55 3200 and hopefully they will be here soon... it's time to finally get this project on the road! Thanks again 
Neil 1955 Chevy 3200
| | |
#15681 08/05/2003 2:04 AM | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 | I looked around for the best prices and most comprehensive parts list, and narrowed the search to three vendors. Once I discovered that ChevyDuty had online forums w/ tech support and product info, my choice was clear. It's not the 'Bolt, but they're very helpful. My only complaint involves a 6-month backorder, but all other parts arrived quickly (and I love that they use excessive packing material). While it's true that the majority of their parts are foreign-made reproductions, they have more year-specific and hard-to-find bits than most vendors are willing to list. As a side note, I sent an email to [email protected] requesting a part. No luck, but he promised to pass the request up the chain of command. I went to another vendor. Less than two months later, the part I requested appeared in the online catalog cheaper than what I had paid. :mad: :rolleyes: | | |
#15682 08/05/2003 5:28 AM | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Came across the disks brakes of a '71 3/4 ton chevy. Anyway of being able to install on my 3800 truck?
Tony'n Weatherford(TEXAS that is) :rolleyes: :confused: | | |
#15683 08/05/2003 12:44 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 | Ordered quite a bit from Chevy Duty when I was redoing my truck. No complaints. Another good site is http://www.truckandcarshop.com/. Have ordered twice from them (they're in CA) and have had no complaints. Prices are as good as Chevy Duty perhaps a little better. | | |
#15684 08/05/2003 1:37 PM | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Ditto that, 49Geezer! The Truck Shop is great! Definitely the best prices and good quality stuff, too! I ordered my truck mirrors from them and some other stuff.
Chevy Duty is great, too! I've ordered plenty from them.
Be sure to compare prices ... and ASK if your stuff is in stock first - backorders can be brutal!
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | |
#15685 08/05/2003 2:01 PM | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 68 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 68 | I have bought nearly 90 % of my parts from Chevy Duty. They are good and shipping is fast. Only had one or two back orders but I just canceled and bought from Jim Carters. I bought My hub caps and side emblems from the Truck and Car Shop at the Charlotte car show. $ 125.00 for five hub caps and $15.00 for a pair of side emblems. | | |
| |