The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, tricordati), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 99
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 99
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but I wanted to give it a shot. Has anyone ordered parts from ChevyDuty.com? Their catalog looks extremely complete, and the prices are the best I've seen so far... I need to order quite a few parts for my truck and they seem to have all of them, but I want to make sure that I'm not going to get screwed over with poor service or cheap parts. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!


Neil
1955 Chevy 3200
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 40
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 40
I've ordered from them and have no complaints

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
Have dealt with them off and on for almost 20 years with no complaints. Their prices are some of the best.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
Chevy Duty has good prices, most of their stuff is the same poor quality reproduction stuff all the vendors carry. They are extremely fast in their shipping, and if you order over $300 worth of stuff, the shipping is free. The few times I have had trouble with their stuff, they fixed the problem. The only place I have found to have slightly better prices is Truck Shop, but their customer service is poor, and shipping is extremely slow. And no free shipping.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 99
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 99
Thanks for the responses! I just ordered parts for my '55 3200 and hopefully they will be here soon... it's time to finally get this project on the road! Thanks again smile


Neil
1955 Chevy 3200
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 385
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 385
I looked around for the best prices and most comprehensive parts list, and narrowed the search to three vendors. Once I discovered that ChevyDuty had online forums w/ tech support and product info, my choice was clear. It's not the 'Bolt, but they're very helpful.

My only complaint involves a 6-month backorder, but all other parts arrived quickly (and I love that they use excessive packing material). While it's true that the majority of their parts are foreign-made reproductions, they have more year-specific and hard-to-find bits than most vendors are willing to list.

As a side note, I sent an email to [email protected] requesting a part. No luck, but he promised to pass the request up the chain of command. I went to another vendor. Less than two months later, the part I requested appeared in the online catalog cheaper than what I had paid. :mad: :rolleyes:


1955 First Series GMC 250 1-Ton Panel
In the Gallery
Mr. Hedgehog - Follow the build
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll laugh at you.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Came across the disks brakes of a '71 3/4 ton chevy. Anyway of being able to install on my 3800 truck?

Tony'n Weatherford(TEXAS that is) :rolleyes: :confused:

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
Ordered quite a bit from Chevy Duty when I was redoing my truck. No complaints. Another good site is http://www.truckandcarshop.com/. Have ordered twice from them (they're in CA) and have had no complaints. Prices are as good as Chevy Duty perhaps a little better.


Country Roads, West (By God) Virginia
http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Ditto that, 49Geezer! The Truck Shop is great! Definitely the best prices and good quality stuff, too! I ordered my truck mirrors from them and some other stuff.

Chevy Duty is great, too! I've ordered plenty from them.

Be sure to compare prices ... and ASK if your stuff is in stock first - backorders can be brutal!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68
I have bought nearly 90 % of my parts from Chevy Duty. They are good and shipping is fast. Only had one or two back orders but I just canceled and bought from Jim Carters. I bought My hub caps and side emblems from the Truck and Car Shop at the Charlotte car show. $ 125.00 for five hub caps and $15.00 for a pair of side emblems.


1953 Chevy 3100
The Green Truck

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0