The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 66
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 66
Hi all,

I'm working on my 1950 4400, and would like to rebuild my hydraulic pump. It works fine, but leaks like a seive. I checked Jim Carter's classic trucks, and they don't have such a kit listed,,, at least not that I could find.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Jon


Jon
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Jon,

I would guess that your leaking hydraulic pump wasn't something Chevrolet manufactured or installed on your truck. You would need to go to the manufacturer of the pump itself for parts.

Many times seals, o-rings, quad rings and other items can be obtained from a bearing supply house by merely ID'ing the part, or taking the part in for them to measure.

Scratch around and see if you can find the manufacturer and maybe a model or part number.

Is this pump for a dump bed?

Stuart

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
I'd guess in the St. Louis area there would be some type of pump repair shop that could make the parts you might need. I'd suggest you stop at a local firehouse and ask where they get their hydralic pumps repaired. Fire departments have lots of hydralic tools.


Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 66
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 66
Yes, the pump is for the dump bed. I'll have to de-crustify it and see if I can get a mfg name off it. Thanks for the tip!


Jon
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Send me a photo of the pump and perhaps I can identify it. Also there should be a brand name on the subframe.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
I went to a local truck supply/repair shop and got alot of help. If you goto rural area shops it's best as they see alot of off the wall stuff on farm vehicles.
Hydraulic shops that work on farm equipment are good places to check as well.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0