Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Home at last, 1951 GMC 640 5-ton with twin cylinder dump bed. Price- free! photobucket photobucket
'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | Clutchheadstew, Words fail me...what a rig. If that were my only bolt, it would surely be enough. Envious-Stu | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 | That's a cool looking Big Bolt! Nice price too. That would have to be fun driving along with all the little cars next to you. I think they would quickly move out of your way. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Most people pulled over, some even saluted! I've got other big trucks, now that I can post pictures you can see them. photobucket photobucket photobucket photobucket photobucket
'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 | What is up with the 34-35 chevy? Is it drivable or yard art? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Engine runs, cab has no wood and is welded together.Rear frame and axle is off a worn out '36 GMC. Truck was a pile of pieces and my wife and I pulled it out of the moss bogs here in Washington. Had to give it some dignity in it's old age so he guards my front gate. Believe me if it was worth restoring I'd have done it. The engine is going to Idaho for one of my brothers '36 Chev coupes. The truck is a '35 by the way. Anyone have a old grille?
'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 | I have started my parts collection, I have three but I have to make one good one out of them. I may a rough one left later when I get mine together if you just want something to complete the front of your truck. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Clutchheadstew, Your "Yard Art" is BEAUTIFUL, and so is your place, I'm envious, but not coercive. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Anything you have left over would be used,Grizz. I'm getting good at making crap shine. Thanks guys for your imput, I would'nt be into the big trucks if it wasn't for 3B, he's a true friend. And I openly apologize for calling him coercive, maybe "strongly compelling" would work here.Have a good weekend guys, mine starts today. I have that blue COE to turn into a logging truck. 
'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 23 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 23 | Thats a really cool truck!!! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 | Your GMC looks great !! Good work !!
Wanted Good Woman: Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 63 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 63 | Free? You gotta be kidding. Real nice truck | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | clutcheadstew, Being a mechanical dolt, I must ask, what engine does this huge truck have in it. Didn't some GMC's have a 302 or sumpin in them? dougheadstu  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy guys, a truck that size probably had a 503 cu. in. inline 6 cylinder engine in it, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,420 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,420 | Originally posted by atomarc: Clutchheadstew,
Words fail me...what a rig. If that were my only bolt, it would surely be enough.
Envious-Stu Very well put. Looking at the others, I like them all. You have quite a collection. John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | I am speechless very nice Big Bob, and all the yard art!!!!!!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | I missed the Yard Art until now. WOW !, Of course, I especially like the COE. A 640, could have came with either a 426, or 503ci. 6 cyl. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | The 640 in this case came with a 426 ci six, according to the ID plate. My step son who has had some trouble in his young life (23years) drove the '51 up and down the road Sunday splitting gears like a pro. I honestly have never seen him so pumped. I don't think you could surgically remove the smile on his face. Hmmmmmm...Big Bolts as therapy for the troubled youth of our world. He said he liked the smell of the old '51 and the giant steering wheel.
'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 222 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 222 | Thanks for sharing the additional pictures. They are all great, a super hobby you have! | | |
| |