Hi to all, I did join awhile back and have been reading through different forums here mainly in the big bolts forum. I purchased a 1956 chevy 6100 that has a dump box ( low sides ) about a month ago in pretty good shape, the truck has a 261 6cyl with a two speed vacuum shift rear end and what I believe only 54k miles. The truck was originally owned by the Wisconsin department of forestry then a local lumber yard in superior wi. before sold to private ownership then to myself. I did have to rebuild the carb to get it to run and had to run it off a 1 gallon gas can due to the old fuel in the tank, it was last licensed in "94" . She has no brakes yet till I get the lines replaced, wheel cylinders rebuild and investigate the hydrovac , but the E brake works very well ! I did drive it around the property it was on and dumped the load of rotten lumber and birch tree in the bed so the dump works great. I have been gaining a wealth of knowledge from these forums which I really appreciate from all the people who have posted in the different forums. Thanks! I will be posting some pics soon in big bolts
Last edited by Peggy M; 10/26/20234:20 PM.
1956 Chevy 6100 with a dump box Story in Big Bolts 1949 ford 8n tractor 1958 861 diesel ford tractor 2003 honda vtx 1800 c bike
Dump trucks are a fav. And a Task Force makes in a two smiler for me.
Last edited by Peggy M; 10/26/20234:17 PM.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
1962 C10 with a 235 6cyl -- all of the drive train seems to be original. Some of this story is in the Side Lot Some people like a new truck. I liked the old ones.
Glad you were able to figure out how to post the image. (I saw your post in the Bus for reporting photo issues.) Thanks for doing that. Someone may have an explanation for the absence of the rotating circle.
Just think: one more post and you are out of moderation! It can be a one word post.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Okay. Follow this truck story over in Big Bolts. We've got the link in his signature line, so as he travels around our virtual garage, it'll be easy to see his truck.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill