The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1511027 07/29/2023 12:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
What do you guys think about the hood emblem on?
I like the clean look with it off but having that on definitely tells the year.
Attachments
emb.JPG (216.12 KB, 182 downloads)


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,712
I vote leave it on.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
I think you are right.
Attachments
bbf (2).JPG (337.77 KB, 170 downloads)


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 268
I say leave it on. Looks good


1949 gmc 1-ton
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
Keep it!


BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,003
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,003
On. It belongs there and looks like it should be on there.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
On my 54 I left it off and now regret it.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
I hear you guys. I put the side emblems yesterday.
I also have these 2 fender spears that I know don`t belong on
the apache. What year /model truck do these go on?
Attachments
em.JPG (145.54 KB, 120 downloads)
orn.JPG (132.95 KB, 120 downloads)

Last edited by Guitplayer; 07/31/2023 5:36 PM.

~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Billy,

Those spears most likely have a casting number on the underside. let us know what it is if you can and we can try and figure out what they came from.

Best guess without the casting number, they look like hood ornaments. grin

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
I have some time so here are some pics.
One has a # 1 a reverse image stamp "made in USA". BLC E in the middle
The other has GMC2
Both very heavy and about 14 inches.
Attachments
007.JPG (323.54 KB, 105 downloads)
008.JPG (175.17 KB, 105 downloads)
009.JPG (184.97 KB, 105 downloads)
009a.JPG (179.4 KB, 105 downloads)

Last edited by Guitplayer; 07/31/2023 4:24 PM.

~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Billy,

GM# 3688253 = 1949-1950 Chevrolet Car Hood Ornament

Sounds like mystery solved, except for what to do with them - haha! grin

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
Yeah, I guess try and get them in the hands of someone who needs them.
There is one on the hood of a GMC suburban.
Attachments
emn.JPG (36.59 KB, 111 downloads)


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
I will leave all emblems on.
Attachments
0pf (2).JPG (241.52 KB, 71 downloads)

Last edited by Guitplayer; 08/04/2023 12:15 PM.

~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 135
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 135
Those are hood ornaments for '49 and '50 Chevy passenger cars.

Mike


1936 1-1/2 Ton (RD) Stake Body Original
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,966
Originally Posted by Guitplayer
Yeah, I guess try and get them in the hands of someone who needs them.
There is one on the hood of a GMC suburban.

yep, certainly not a 58-59. Possible on 49-50 Surburban's?


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0