The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (ESum, Steelonsteel, TUTS 59, bobwithm, Maybellene, Ponchogl, Bill Hanlon, Gdads51), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,124
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14941 04/10/2004 3:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 54
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 54
So I've started swapping a 350 TBI into my 61, and need to know what exhaust manifolds will fit. The engine fits really nice, clears the firewall perfectly, and sits just right. Problem is, the manifolds on a '95 are way too wide for my '61 frame. Here's a picture of how much room I have to work with. The next one shows the other side, and the one right before it shows the '95 manifolds.

I was thinking about getting a set of block hugger headers, but now I'm not so sure those would even fit. I know a 283 was an option in this truck, so I know there are manifolds out there that will fit. What manifolds came on stock 283's? Anybody ever done this swap before and have any advice?


"If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy!"

1961 Apache 20 4x4
http://community.webshots.com/album/97352016vHsKNP
#14942 04/10/2004 3:56 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
I think the rams horn ( center dump, camel back, hump back, double hump [I think thats all the names for them]) manifolds would work best. I know I saw a few sets on Ebay.

Jim Sgrig "Piewagn"


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#14943 04/10/2004 4:05 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#14944 04/10/2004 4:09 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 219


"I can go anywhere...for I am a Piewagoneer...To the Piewagon"

1966 Chevy Panel Delivery 1966 in the Gallery and more on Webshots
#14945 04/10/2004 7:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 54
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 54
That's kinda what I was thinking. Has anybody ever had success with block hugger headers on this combination?


"If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy!"

1961 Apache 20 4x4
http://community.webshots.com/album/97352016vHsKNP
#14946 04/10/2004 9:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I've done the 350 thing to my '64 and used standard car headers. I'm not sure of the application but the parts store had them on the shelf, so I tried them. The only problem I had was with the clutch linkage.If a '61 is close to a '64 you shouldn't have any problems with headers. There's more room than there appears.
Good luck,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0