Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
162
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,441 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | I am new to this site and very happy its here [url=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2624762280096773078UNHyHz ]Box in the air[/URL] [url=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2295160370096773078wOOnbd ]Newly powdercoated wheels wraped in new rubber[/URL] [url=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2180766090096773078Wsjrqv ]Looking like a bull dog[/URL] | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | hay Hevy! welcome to the garage with yer big bolt - lookin good - it's better tho if you link to the pics with text rather than putting them inline as links [you can see it didn't work well!] like this is the album see the glove box manual linked below for hints about sharing pics here Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 | Nice truck Heavy Hauler. What's the engine,trans, and rear? I got a '56 big bolt as well. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | It's a 261 with an sm420 and a vacume 2 speed rear. I plan on using the truck daily and have plans to swap the 261 for 496 cid 1/4" stroked big block. I found that Anthey street sweepers use front axles with the same six bolt pattern, spring size and spacing. these axles have modern 15" disc brakes and a 6000# rating. I also plan on gitting rid of the hydovac brake booster in favor of late modle hydoboost unit. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 117 | Those powder coated wheels are very nice. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Hope this works [url=http://rides.webshots.com/album/553943429TbKiHr ]web page[/URL] | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Here she is again. After taking a big hammer,my 4x4 truck,a few chains and a hydrualic bottle jack to her front bumper,some scotch bright and a can of paint to her grill. [url=http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554298328ruApIG ]after a little face lift[/URL] | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 364 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 364 | Very nice! The grill turned out good too.
Keith If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | How did the powder coating on the wheels hold up? I chipped the fresh paint putting mine back together. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | Nice Truck HevyHauler! Grill looks brand new! This truck looks like it could move a house! Just got that look on it's face "What do you want moved? Let's go!" | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | sweet ride man  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 482 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 482 | Hevy, Very sweet. Where did you get the chrome lug nuts and are they 9/16? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Hey guys I just added seven more pic's to web shots.painted the front bumper and cleaned her up a bit more.  I have big plans.so keep watching,it will be good. All new glass,interior,steering system from colum to box, A hydoboost(not hydovac)brake system,dual big truck stacks and a stroker big block.  Well for some reason I can't seem to post a URL code with out a pic coming up in the midle of it so just click on any of the above.  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Oh powder coating turned out great. The chrome lug nuts are covers you can get them at most truck stops or truck suply outlets that sell chrome goodies.No they are not 9/16" they are 1 1/2" but if 9/16" is what you need thell have them too. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Hey all nothing new yet. I am wiating on a good size order from LMC Truck :rolleyes: ,feel like a 5year old wiating for Christmass. The order has all the glass(gray smoked  ),the cab rubber to include the pedal pads floor mat and seals.Keyless remote door locks power windows,old school cab lights,chrome headlight bezels,new parking lights  .Close to $1300.00.I want a luvered polished stainless visor,if anyone knows where I may find one,haven't had much luck here.In the mean time I am doing a lot of resurch on steering and brake updates for our bigbolts,and will be sharing this info as I make progess.In the next few months I hope to be adding a new wirring harness and the new bigblock power plant. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 63 Member | | Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 63 | Excellent truck!
Just being nosey, how much did the Powder Coat set you back?
Guy | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Hey guys got my order from L.M.C.,now just need the time.The Kenworth has a leaky pinion seal on the rear driver so I'll be under that thing this weekend, after all it pays the bills. I will keep you all posted though. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Oh tractor78 it was $27.50 a wheel good deal. It was done by a local tire shop chain (LesSchawb Tire). | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Well I did mannage to find the time to work on the bolt yesterday. After rounding up a good friend to help. We removed the windshield clead up the frame work. Then we set out to put the new gasket around the new windshield. After fighting it for what seemed to be an eturnity,I checked the site here for hints. Ah found what I was looking for. Put teh gasket in a bucket of hot water. Finaly I checked the part number on the gasket. Dee ta dee I had ordered the wrong one. So all we acomplished was to pollish of a fith of whisky. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Hey guys I need to find a compliet steering system for my truck.I have posted it on parts wanted. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 13 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 13 | HH,
Nice truck. Lookin' good.
Keep at it. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Havent any new pic's yet, the weather has been a little incliment. But since I updated last I have added chrome headlight bezels, new parking lights, all new tinted glass, new floor mat, ****er boot, peddle pads hell all the cab rubber is new. I have a set of old style cab marker lights, and just got the power steering box. lots of work done lots more to go. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Not having much luck. I am tring to get my mirrors off the doors and mount them to the cab. Much like Kenworth has done with thier mirrors. I looked into modifing a set of KW brackets but they want $600.00 for a set and it seems that the wrecking yards know this too. The advantages of cab mounting the mirrors is Three fold. One you don't have a heavy mirror assembly pulling your door apart. Two the mirror is no longer put out of ajustment every time you close the door. Three it sets the mirror forword some so you don't have to rubber neck to see from it. It realy dosen't change the look of the truck much. I realy can't believe that it's not the standerd. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Really had to do some searching to find the original post of when I started this truck build but I found it. Of course it's been a very long time as life tends to get in the way of our hobbies. Fast forward 14 years she still isn't finished but I still have her. I wanted to being this thread back to the forefront and dive back in. Too bad but two different photo hosting sites and a couple of computer that crashed I have lost most every picture of this build. As she currently sits. The stroker 496 big block is in the frame rails with a 540 Alison automatic behind it, however final mounting has never been completed and the new engine has never been fired. The front axle, brakes, springs with all hardware pins and shackles are new. The front hubs and spindles have been machined to except better bearings and modern lip seals all to convert to oil bath set up. Steering systems is mostly complete withe the exception of column and shaft. Steering has gone through a complete modernization with a power box and conversion to a cross over drag link. There will be a lot more to come and I will do what I can to find a hosting sites I like to bring now pictures to this thread, btw the only pictures to survive are the ones in the gallery on this site. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Since you’ve been gone 14 years lots of stuff has happened to Stovebolt.com. You can now post photos directly to your threads/posts. Instructions are in the left margin of every page. Glad your back.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | |
| |