| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,610 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 29 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 29 | I am trying to gain a little more highway speed and I can get some 10.00x20 inch tires and have calculated what my speed will be and it will be a lot better than what it is now so my question is will I lose to much power. My truck is a 51 2ton with a 261. Thanks for your help | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 363 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 363 | you can always use that granny gear to get your moving | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,989 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,989 | I shouldn't think there'd be a problem. Are you putting the big tires on the front also? If so, make sure you've got adequate clearance in the fenderwells, especially when turning. It should be OK, but it doesn't hurt to check. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 71 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 71 | You might want to check the clearance you'd have between the rear tires; I can't fit bigger than 8.25x20's without them rubbing the sidewalls. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,088 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,088 | I don't know, but see if this will help any. Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | |
| |
| |