| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,141 Posts1,056,485 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 | There was a '57 LCF Chevy on ebay about a year ago. It ran three times, and I don't believe it ever sold. It had a 454 on a one-ton '70s frame, with a fendered bed and tons of additional parts. Hydrostatic brakes. A very straight truck project! It was white with primer. The truck was in Hiawatha, Iowa, if I remember correctly.
My question is: Did anyone off the Stovebolt end up with this truck, or is the '57 still with its' Iowa owner, unsold. It bid up to somewhere around $2,800 or so, but I can not remember if it ever sold or not.
Anyone have any info on this rig? Pics, maybe?
Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass. Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 355 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 355 | I know it didnt come here. Sounds like something Scott is holding out on us. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Not me, it's too new for my tastes. If you can get me some info, I could try tracking it down for you. The carshow season will be starting soon, maybe it will show up there, Scott | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 | If you happen to see it, please PM me. That particular truck really intrigued me, but as usual, no cash at the time. Thanks!
Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass. Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 56 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 56 | I remember that truck.
That's my trouble with Ebay, when I find something I like, and don't get it, I remember and scheme to think how I could have made it work.
Two things I wish I would have bit the bullet and bought:
1953 Suburban parts vehicle that was complete and little (very little) rust and all the seats and glass intact. sold for 1800 from South Dakota.
1948 ACF Brill bus converted to a motorhome, very nice conversion. Sold for 6700 from Central Kansas. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | | | |
| |
| |