The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146662 04/29/2006 9:31 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
There was a '57 LCF Chevy on ebay about a year ago. It ran three times, and I don't believe it ever sold. It had a 454 on a one-ton '70s frame, with a fendered bed and tons of additional parts. Hydrostatic brakes. A very straight truck project! It was white with primer. The truck was in Hiawatha, Iowa, if I remember correctly.

My question is: Did anyone off the Stovebolt end up with this truck, or is the '57 still with its' Iowa owner, unsold. It bid up to somewhere around $2,800 or so, but I can not remember if it ever sold or not.

Anyone have any info on this rig? Pics, maybe?


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

#146663 04/29/2006 9:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I know it didnt come here. Sounds like something Scott is holding out on us.


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
#146664 04/30/2006 3:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Not me, it's too new for my tastes. If you can get me some info, I could try tracking it down for you. The carshow season will be starting soon, maybe it will show up there,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#146665 04/30/2006 4:45 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
If you happen to see it, please PM me. That particular truck really intrigued me, but as usual, no cash at the time. Thanks!


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

#146666 05/06/2006 5:29 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
I remember that truck.

That's my trouble with Ebay, when I find something I like, and don't get it, I remember and scheme to think how I could have made it work.

Two things I wish I would have bit the bullet and bought:

1953 Suburban parts vehicle that was complete and little (very little) rust and all the seats and glass intact. sold for 1800 from South Dakota.

1948 ACF Brill bus converted to a motorhome, very nice conversion. Sold for 6700 from Central Kansas.


Here is a link to some stuff about my brothers and I
http://bus-plunge.blogspot.com/search?q=hemmings
#146667 05/06/2006 7:07 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0