The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Cletus1950, Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Brian Moore, jeffreyguy), 151 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1465679 09/08/2022 6:44 PM
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Not to debate stock vs resto mod. I just sold my camp and will have some disposable cash left over after I fund my investments. When calculator says I have a 99% chance of reaching all my goals I am stopping.

That being said I will have some extra cash to spend on the truck. What would people do in addition to what I am thinking?

1. I am on the fence, but leaning to a traditional SB with FI.
2. I was going to keep the 4 speed, but now I have the ability to upgrade to a 5 or 6 speed.
3. Going to add AC. Anything better than vintage air?
4. All ready bought stuff to add PS and PB. Disk front drum rear.
5. I am going to keep working at the body work. I think I am doing a good job to come out with a very good paint job.
6. I have the wheels I want already.
7. Going to do a silent choice exhaust so I can be loud and the rest of the family can be quiet.

I am not going to lower it or bag it. Not doing headers. I am doing original faded color. I am going to do my best to make it look the part of a 1966 C10 with subtle hard to spot upgrades. This is the main reason for the SB. I am going to tin and badge it like the original 283.

Anything that I should be doing that I have forgotten about?

Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 09/08/2022 7:58 PM.

1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Have your seats professionally rebuilt to include the latest foam available. Your bumm will thank you for it.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Have your seats professionally rebuilt to include the latest foam available. Your bumm will thank you for it.

Yes. Seat was already done. Came out great I think.
Attachments
20220121_135455.jpg (212.97 KB, 73 downloads)
20220121_135506.jpg (239.73 KB, 71 downloads)


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Yes, seat looks great.
Front sway bar is really worth the $100 invested.

Last edited by Lugnutz; 09/09/2022 1:40 AM.
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by Lugnutz
Yes, seat looks great.
Front sway bar is really worth the $100 invested.

Yep, got that sitting in garage to install once front end is put back together.


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 35
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 35
New glass, weatherstrip, and a rear sway bar too are good to have if you are upgrading things. Dynamat sound deadner in the doors/floors/firewall.

Rebuild or get some good quality gauges that are reliable. Don't want to guess on Temp, oil pressure/fuel, ect, ect.

Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by RustYardDog
New glass, weatherstrip, and a rear sway bar too are good to have if you are upgrading things. Dynamat sound deadner in the doors/floors/firewall.

Rebuild or get some good quality gauges that are reliable. Don't want to guess on Temp, oil pressure/fuel, ect, ect.

I have cleaned whole instrument panel and tested gauges. I might have cooked the amp meter as I was thinking it was a volt meter when I tested it?

I need a windshield, but was planning on reusing door and rear glass. I will have to check on cost of that. I agree, new glass would be nice.

I also have already planned on all new rubber and sound proofing as good as I can.

Had not thought about a rear sway bar as well?


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0