The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, WICruiser, Gray_Ghost), 182 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#145604 02/06/2006 4:49 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
Great weekend!

Saturday I hauled some scrap down to the scrap yard. Sitting in a lot along the entrance to the scale house was a 1959 2 ton Dump truck. I know the owner of the yard pretty well and we got to chatting. I decided to ask about the 'bolt.

Long story short... I now have another one! Amazingly, it runs and drives, and is inspected until June. I haven't gotten it home yet, but it will only be a couple weeks until I have two dump 'bolts on the property. I only wish I had my camera with me.

Mrs. Inky was not quite as delighted as I was, but nothing catastrophic... She did tell me that if I bring any more home after this one she'll divorce me. eek


IRWIPI 2005 Peoples Choice
Inky,
"It's not that I haven't done IT... It's that I haven't done IT yet."

--------------------
'48 1-1/2 ton Dump
'57 Chevy Panel
'59 Chevy 2 ton Dump
#145605 02/06/2006 5:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Inky05, details and pictures please, what engine does it have? I would guess it's rusted to death or the P O would have tried to sell it, or wreck it. More info please, I've had to teach myself not to listen when they plead with me to take me home.

#145606 02/06/2006 5:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
you are lucky, the only things that follow me home are women and cats grin sounds like a good deal though,,Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#145607 02/06/2006 6:25 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 147
R
RT1 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 147
So, are you going to miss her? eek

-RT1
*

#145608 02/06/2006 6:31 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
Sorry, No pics yet... It has a 235 in it that is so clean that you could eat off of it! The guy at the scrap yard got it from an estate... clear title! The cab is in excellent shape, but the fenders are kinda banged up. The dump body has been patched up quite a bit.and is fairly solid. the tires look like they are almost new. grin

It will be a few weeks before I bring it home, but I will try to get some pictures before then.


IRWIPI 2005 Peoples Choice
Inky,
"It's not that I haven't done IT... It's that I haven't done IT yet."

--------------------
'48 1-1/2 ton Dump
'57 Chevy Panel
'59 Chevy 2 ton Dump
#145609 02/06/2006 11:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
cooooool!!!


I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
#145610 02/09/2006 2:15 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
Great day in the morning!!!Some people have all the luck.CONGRATULATIONS!!
Hobert


"The Lord is my shepherd"
#145611 02/13/2006 1:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 332
G
Big Bolt Shop Curmudgeon
Big Bolt Shop Curmudgeon
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 332
Inky, jest give her one of 'em, and tell her if she ever leaves, that's her transportation!


Drivin' down a 2 lane country road in a stovebolt.....cowboy, it don't get no better than this!

1946 1-1/2 ton Chevy
"Ol Blue", or "THE BIG 'UN"
#145612 02/18/2006 5:03 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
There ya go-that way,if she leaves she can use HER truck to carry off everything ya own...Just kiddin'. Good score! You're lucky to have a wife who tolerates old truck addiction even this much.
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0