Every job, automotive and otherwise, takes just about every tool you own.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
You always need a tool that you cant find (at the moment), so run to the FLAPs, to get another one, and the one you were looking for magically appears.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Wiring jobs take me at least 3 tools because of the crappy tools I have. One cutter/stripper/crimper has the “best” (still lousy) cutter. One has the “best” (awful) stripper, and the other has the “best” crimper.
For working under the dash on short wires, a good friend sent me gift : KNIPEX End-Type Wire Stripper.
This would have saved a lot of creative cursing under my 1954 dash last week. My Suburban has several 6v accessories: electric-wipers, original steering-column-mounted turns-signals, original-style/size radio/seaker, and original deluxe Air-Flow Heater.
I had wired the ignition switch incorrectly and my good friend did not approve - I said "you volunteered to crawl under the dash to correct/re-route that rat's ness of wiring".
The swear words were creative and they were effusively used; and, the fingers and knuckles were severely abused and sore.
JW51 The best crimper I know of is Thomas & Betts pro tool,Ideal cutter and stripper also pro. Klein is same pro stuff,Greenlee is hi quality tooling. Have burned thru several pairs of all the above. Also use an old roll of dutch boy rosin core solder.