The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 26
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 26
Finally putting my '52 4100 dump on the road. I need to know the ballpark unladden weight for the DMV. Any info out there in Stovebolt land? It is a Base 4100 with a 8' Gallion dump body with no cab shield if this helps.


1942 Chevy G7104 1.5 ton 4x4
1946 Willys CJ-2A
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
You can look up the weight of a 4100 with no bed in a restoration pack. Its heavy, but I think less than 5,000 pounds.

But I have no idea how much more that dump bed and hoist add. A lot I'm sure...


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Mine's got a 12 foot bed and it weighs around 6000 pounds, give or take a few hundred,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 23
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 23
My 4400 loadmaster with a 12 ft. bed with a hoist weighs in at 7982lbs. Thats with me in the driver seat. Oh yea , I weigh in at 220...

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
The standard 8' 3-4 yd contractors dump body weighs about 1400 lbs. The twin arm hoist complete weights about 725 installed. So 2100 lbs is a good estimate of the unladen body/hoist weight.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
So is 7,000 pounds a good ballpark guess for his truck?

If Fatboy's truck is nearly 8000, would this truck, minus Fatboy and 4 foot of truck, be a thousand pounds lighter? It feels right to me, but I'm just guessing.

I think I'd want to know if there is a good reason to be over or under some figure, and then see if I could legitimately call it over or under that figure...


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 247
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 247
If you really want to know, go to a big grain elevator in the country somewhere. A business grain elevator, not a farmer that has a grain silo. They have trucks scales there. Probably do it for free, or close to free.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 587
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 587
Most old medium trucks I've had are 6500 to 7000 with a bed and empty. Go to a gravel pit and weigh. Sometimes there is a small charge to get a written or printed out paper for proof. Is this for plates? I could run 11,000 on mine, if I didn't carry much. If I wanted to be hauling gravel, sand or dirt, I got the 16,000 lb plates. Even then one time I had close to 18,000 with a load of gravel once. Truck could barely handle it, took low gear to get out of pit area up the hill! This is all in a 54 two ton truck with 12ft dumping flatbed.


G.L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750


MM R tractor, Speedex
and Power King tractors
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 26
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 26
Thanks for the replies. I was guessing it around 6000-6500 empty, and that is what I'm putting down. I cant drive it anywhere to weigh it, no plates yet.


1942 Chevy G7104 1.5 ton 4x4
1946 Willys CJ-2A

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0