| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, Gray_Ghost, Hotrod Lincoln, MickeyP, 55shaker, klhansen, Craig /49 Panel),
102
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,388 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 212 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 212 | Will the manifolds from an earlier 235 engine with babbit bearings fit on a later model with the insert bearings. I have a 235 motor from the very late 50s or very early 60s but no manifolds. I know where several manifolds are available, but they are all from 53 or earlier model trucks. All these trucks were either 1 1/2 ton or 2 ton trucks. Thanks. Allen | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 | Since the aftermarket manifolds are advertised as fitting 216-261 engines, I would assume the the earlier manifolds would work by leaving out the inserts, but I haven't tried it.
Baldy | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Didn't someone just ask this the other day? Try the search feature and see if you can find the post. I seem to recall something about the alignment rings...?? | | |
| |
| |