The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible), 120 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 11
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 11
Before I was drafted in late 60’s I had a 49 3/4 ton Chevy truck , it had been hit so drivers door wouldn’t open so I had to crawl on from the passengers side . Had a six and granny gear (thank goodness ) I paid $50 for it and it had an original cap , which I found out later was probably worth more than the truck , and a visor w/prism .It hauled lot of firewood . We had a cold spell I didn’t know better so I set the emergency brake and when I went to drive it the next day it wouldn’t move . This is where granny came in , it grunted and growled but I got it into a heated garage to try and thaw out , took two days and an elaborate blanket/tent set up with more heat but got it moving again . My dad sold it when I was overseas.
Older now and started looking for a replacement . I had a line on a 50 and I googled how to read VIN #’s when I found STOVEBOLT , looked around and found some very good info , thank you . The 50 fell through but wish Dad would have saved the cap , visor and prism from what I am seeing
Tunl.

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/19/2023 6:34 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
TunlRAT, welcome to Stovebolt. Glad you found us. Lots of knowledge and resources here. Take a little time to look around and get familiar with the site. Being in Florida makes you a "Southern Stovebolte" so be sure to check in with the Southern Stovebolt forum and introduce yourself there as well. We have quite a few members from Ga., Florida......also be sure to keep check in the EVENTs forum as well. The Stovebolt groups have some "gatherings" during the year.

Good luck on finding your next project. Be sure to check the trucks for sale. You never know. Visit often, you won't be disappointed.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
TunlRAT, Welcome. It's great to have another bolter in Florida. \
My Brother in law lives in Welborn. He is the pastor at Mt. Olive Baptist.
Keep your eyes open, and I'm sure one might turn up. Don King may have bought one in Missouri yesterday.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
No Wayne, I did not buy that 49 yesterday. I did not even get a chance to bid and it was already way over my price range.

Welcome to the garage Tunl! I will not ask you what you did to get that name. Probably earned it in the late sixties?
We’ll keep a lookout for a 49 for you!

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 11
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 11
Don , dodgin punji yep

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,806
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,806
One of my muzzleloading target rifle building mentors had that same job. He was a master gunsmith named David Dodds. Dave passed away a few years ago, possibly from complications of Agent Orange exposure. The .50 caliber flintlock "chunk gun" that I use in "over the log" target shoots like the ones Alvin York sponsored in the 1920's was built by him. It's a "piece of art that shoots". Welcome to Stovebolt.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt. I'm sure you will find almost as many 2A enthusiasts as GM entusiasts here!


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0