The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (R&S 51 GMC, Tiny), 152 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1424401 09/17/2021 11:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
Hello,
I am looking for a place to have decals made for the doors of my 53 3100. Would like a nice 1950s business period correct signs that I can apply.
Thanks


1953 3100
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
a local sign maker should be able to help. I had one make me a stencil so I could have an authentic hand painted sign. Then a couple years later the signs were damaged and I found a real sign painter that hand painted my door signs.
Attachments
DSCN3115.JPG (84.29 KB, 263 downloads)
DSCN3118.JPG (130.62 KB, 258 downloads)


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 157
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 157
Cletus1950,

Here are pics of the decals I have on my 58. Been on there about 5 years.

Also attached the gentlemen’s contact info who made them. Good guy to work with.

At the time, he could make three versions of the font, barely legible, worn, or looking brand new. I went with the worn version to match the trucks patina.
Attachments
0CEF341F-58F3-49DC-B4AE-BCE4701EA5A8.jpeg (227.99 KB, 256 downloads)
CDD54926-CCF4-4419-B90B-EC8C918CA048.jpeg (224.26 KB, 263 downloads)
F63E6448-045C-40A8-B70A-089C4B14F6D7.jpeg (261.98 KB, 244 downloads)


Dan

35 CC Case
38 Chevy Pickup
51 3100 AD
58 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 660
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 660
Check and Support your local business.
They can design anything you come up with!
Here is our truck. The Goat on the door the shop made from an actual picture of our Grand Champion Doe.
Then our daughter painted it on the doors.
The print shop made a reversal decal and then we painted the Logo.
It was fun.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Todd
Attachments
20210918_090404.jpg (93.41 KB, 216 downloads)


1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 79
Thanks! I will post some pictures when I figure it out


1953 3100
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
Here is my doors. Hand painter by a man in Kenosha WI. 100$ each door. I thought that was a great deal. Bill
Attachments
DSC00192.JPG (213.34 KB, 176 downloads)


1937 GC
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
Cletis 1950 they can now make vynil that sticks-on,works fine my local young whippersnapper can make anything you want.You got em in Florida too !!

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
Bill Trotter Nice job there too,had a master of that but he had to leave us,he happened to know big Daddy Ed Roth too !!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
I wanted to have the ability to display different signs for different events/purposes (and/or to drive without a sign).

I bought 18" x 18" or 24" x 24' magnetic "decals".

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Whats the gping price to get one, or two. Made these days?? Curious before i go looking and counting my nickels.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,501
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,501
If you're only looking to make small decals (8" x 10" or smaller), you can use waterslide decal paper and an inkjet or laser printer. Waterslide decal paper comes in both clear and white background (no printer made for home use can print the color white). If using an inkjet printer, coat the waterslide paper with clear before activating the paper...laser ink won't dissolve in water. You can see some gauge decals I made at the top of the "Interiors" section. Color laser printing is best done at a Fed Ex/Kinko's and is not expensive. If using these where they'll be exposed to sun, etc be sure to overcoat them with clear.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
Like Tim I want different options. I bought some magnetic sheet material. We used my wife's vinyl cutting machine. We made a set for both doors.
Attachments
20210920_112100.jpg (116.4 KB, 73 downloads)


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
thumbs_up

Very nice, Wayne


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0