The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (kbenz, Gib70), 166 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,238
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141631 02/05/2005 1:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
J
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
I received a note today from a fellow who saw my truck in the 'Stovebolt Gallery'. Nice to see folks peruse the site!

Here is what he had to say about his grandfather's truck but first he spoke about mine.

"Nice truck!

I thought I saw a Manitoba plate on it, as I'm from Winnipeg, thought I
could ask you a question.

My grandfather has given me his 1946 GMC (2 ton?) grain truck with tilt
wood box. He's had it since new, it's complete but been sitting in the old
chicken shed since 1981, when it last ran. He took out the seats to try
and save them from the mice and put oil down the cylinders, and up to 1996
was out there every year turning the crank over a few times be hand and
putting more oil down the cylinders. It's in very solid shape - other than
needing a complete restoration.

Any idea what this might be worth and where I could advertise it to find
someone who will give it the TLC it deserves?

Any insight would be appreciated"

He says he will send me some pictures next week if he goes to take them this weekend. I told him e-bay is a likely place to advertise or the 'Swapmeet' on here.

Sounds like a good 'find'.

George

#141632 02/06/2005 12:41 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Jarge,
that is a great story. Would this be in Canada? That is something that it was pampered all those years after parking it.

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#141633 02/06/2005 1:03 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
J
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
truckernix!

Yes! This is a local truck and I'm hoping he will send me some pictures next week.

Regards, George

#141634 02/23/2005 7:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 92
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 92
Jarge have you thought about throwing an ad in the Antique Autos paper out of Ontario? We posted in it when we were looking for some parts and got calls from all over Canada.

Tempest


Tempest

"Find Your Inner Truck"

Silly Boys! - Trucks are for Girls!

1945 2-ton
1946 3/4-ton
1951 Chevy 2-Ton
Redliners Auto Club
What\'z It
Snow Cruisers
#141635 02/28/2005 2:04 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
That's a great story, but do you have any pictures of it?

#141636 02/28/2005 9:11 PM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
J
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
I received some photos from this fellow. The truck is a 1947 GMC (obviously) Not as pristine as I thought it might be, but it is interesting. By the dust that it is on it, it's been in that barn for a long time.

Tempest! Thanks for the lead to that paper I'll pass it on.

George

http://client.webshots.com/album/284336029slkqeL

#141637 02/28/2005 9:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Jarge,
those pictures are relly neat. If I had a spread of land, that type of truck would be a real find. The 47 would have one of those super cool side cowl vents in the driver's side.

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#141638 02/28/2005 9:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
J
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
Truckernix!

You're right!! Looking at those photos you can just make out what appears to be a vent below the mirror arm on the driver's side.

Cheers, George

#141639 03/12/2005 10:45 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Quote
Originally posted by jarge:
I received some photos from this fellow. The truck is a 1947 GMC (obviously) Not as pristine as I thought it might be, but it is interesting. By the dust that it is on it, it's been in that barn for a long time.
Several buckets of water, some Lemon Joy soap and a few rags and sponges and an afternoon later... might give ya a better idea of the shape it's in. smile

Nifty ride.

-W

#141640 03/12/2005 3:06 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 77
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 77
Hey Jarge, that truck is a twin (sorta) to one of the Chevys I found amongst the barnload I mentioned in some other threads! I'm still trying to track down the present owner of my find! It's about 80 miles from my house so I'm trying to get more contact info before I make another trip there. My wife has some distant relation in the area. They are the ones who provided the sketchy info I have so far. I'm hoping they can come up with more!
Woog's right! Scrub her up and she'll be real purty! smile Heck, she looks great right now! I'd spend all day looking at her and wouldn't spend a minute at a car dealership looking at new trucks! wink grin


Just trying to avoid the potholes on the road of life!

49 Chevy COE
55 Chevy pickup
+ way too many other project vehicles!
#141641 03/12/2005 4:08 PM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
J
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
Hey COEjunkie!

You really are a man after my own heart! I'm like you---I could spend all day poking around some old trucks somewhere. Especially if they happened to be a COE! I've been like that since I was a small kid!

I'm hoping to take a drive, at the end of this month, across the praries, and this time I'm going to stop at every place I see an old truck. I'll take the new digital camera along for sure. I've 'whizzed' by so many promising looking places in the past and I'm not going to do that this time. Just hoping that most of the snow will be gone! That's no guarantee though.

Regards, George


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0