The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TGP, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, greenie-reddy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny), 178 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141157 09/12/2004 8:47 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 332
G
Big Bolt Shop Curmudgeon
Big Bolt Shop Curmudgeon
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 332
Yee-haw! Everybody with a Big Bolt, hop in, crank it up, and drive up to the front. This could change, but Big Bolts is ahead of everything else in the forum. Nuthin' special, but feels good, anyway!

Thanks John and Peggy, for gettin' rid of that fool Lounge and movin' us Big Bolt fellers to the front of the bunch of ol' Stovebolts.

I trust that those of us who have made friends and acquaintences here are a small payment for all your efforts and hard work. You are appreciated more than you know.


Drivin' down a 2 lane country road in a stovebolt.....cowboy, it don't get no better than this!

1946 1-1/2 ton Chevy
"Ol Blue", or "THE BIG 'UN"
#141158 09/12/2004 10:13 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
John just did that cause he got to DRIVE a big bolt the other day!! grin

#141159 09/12/2004 11:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
I've been driving our 45 2 ton Chevy alot this year.I'm getting good at the double clutching, can shift and turn off the directional signal at the same time! I love driving this truck around, I had to pick up my 14 year grand daughter today at a school function,she got all excited to see me coming. At first I thought she might be embarrased to get the old truck, but she said the boys approved, good enough for her!!!

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Noth'in like own'in, a "Big Bolt", especially if it's a COE. Had a nice weekend, got alot done. Worked on the Holmes W45, did a little to the '54 Tandem COE, even went out in the country, & pulled a 2 spd. rear axle assembly, out of one of the '48 6400 parts trucks I own. Man!, what a "Fun", weekend.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
I thought at first it was done in alphabetical order but looking at the list I see it's not the case. Perhaps the positioning will generate more activity. Didn't do much with either truck but didwork on leveling the site for their new home.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I pulled down a dead oak with my yard dog Friday.
Made me proud. It was round 2 of the deal. I tried to pull it down last spring. That bout ended in a draw with the 53's front wheels in the air. This time the tree came down.

THA WINNAH: THE YARDDOG!


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
I'm glad you like the new order -- one of the perqs of being boss is that you get to decide stuff like that... Hmmmmmm, Big Bolts moves to the top .... Editor owns a Big Bolt .... hmmmm, funny how that works, isn't it?

I did drive something massive the other day, but it wasn't a 'Bolt. grin

John
Big Bolts -- because SIZE MATTERS!!


~ One of many.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 215
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 215
Thumbs up for the "BIG BOLTS" page
I always get coments on my 46 and people wanting to buy it


Luke Dahlin

1946 Chevy 2 ton
1966 Chevy 2 ton
1969 Chevy 3/4 ton 4wd
http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/dahlin_luke_1969.html]1969 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
J
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 221
I like the idea that 'big bolts' are admired and put 'front and centre'.

Here are some shots from a local 'drive-in' a couple of weeks ago. A pair of 46's that look pretty good to me. (mine is the one with no lettering) Not sure too many saw these a while back.
Regards, George

http://community.webshots.com/album/182012642dQqDCS

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Well, Glenn A. Foster -- I was a-wondering when / if we'd hear from you -- a voice of reason.

The hardest part of pulling the Lounge was the idea that it was a good place to meet folks. But we believe that will happen anyway.

Cletis -- you sound like John. Glad the Yard Dog won. Would hate to have gotten a bad report on that one.

Peg


~ One of many.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0