The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 69 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,376
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1407944 04/29/2021 8:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
Hey gearheads I finally acquired my dads truck that I have been dreaming of owning since I was 5-6 years old. It’s a 57 1 ton dually. It was a farm truck before my dad bought it in 85. My brother and I would crawl all over this truck playing growing up. It sat under a carport for 35 years! About 5 years ago I was back home visiting my dad in Oregon and we started tinkering with it and got it running! Ever since then he would go out crack open a beer crank her up and let her run for a bit. I finally had the money to ship it from Oregon to Fl and that’s where I’m at with it now. Excited to learn from you guys!
Attachments

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/12/2024 11:56 PM.

1957 Chevy 3800
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to Stovebolt. Even though I don't own one I've always loved the task force pickups and always wanted a one ton dually. They are great trucks and will earn their keep.
Any questions, just ask in the garage forums and we'll do the rest......and be sure to watch for other bolters from BOTH your area's because they are there!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 36
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 36
Looks great man, especially that interior. I'm happy for you, I know what it's like to finally get your dream truck. Welcome aboard.


~ Cameron
1956 3100 Task Force
Follow the build in the DITY
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
Welcome to the Stovebolt and Florida!!!

Mike


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Welcome! Glad to see another Florida 'bolter, and another farm truck.
Good looking truck.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,486
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,486
Welcome to the “Bolt”. I have always loved TF trucks and your’s is a beauty. It looks solid and original. Good luck and again Welcome!


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,418
That's a great old truck, I love that you have your family history with this truck.... I was part of a group that responded to Hurricane Charlie, I ran power for Punta Gorda site. Very COOL.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
Thanks guys i reaaly appreciate it!


1957 Chevy 3800

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0