I am trying to find any reference photos as to how the original headlamp junction block was secured ( more so the location) in the engine compartment of the truck but I cannot find any information... Any help would be appreciated...
Philippe, 1939 was the last year for bulb/reflector type headlamps on a Chevy. The truck harness would not have used a junction block because the wires would have reached the lamp with a 3 contact plug which was a push and twist into the headlamp bucket. There is no application listed for a terminal block for a '39 truck in my '41 Master Parts list. The earliest truck listing is for 1940. Someone with a 1940 truck can tell you where the block attaches.
You're absolutely right, I got the set up mixed up with the 1940 year truck...I will change the heading of this topic and see if I get any bites from guys with 1940-46 trucks...
I actually have a 39 model, so there are no holes on the inner fender... So, the case ends up being more of the actual location of the block so that it looks somewhat correct...
lol...Yes I still have the truck, well most of it. It's currently being disassembled so I can go through it and fix some issues that required attention. Standard normal stuff, paint, electronics, suspension, drivetrain