The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (tclederman, DadsFirstPickup, 59 fleet, IHPWR, Ponchogl), 102 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1395954 02/05/2021 9:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 7
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 7
Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I've recently purchased a 1964 Chevy C10 P/U. I have been an automotive enthusiast for many years and have mostly worked on newer vehicles. I have always wanted an old pick up truck and I recently found a 64 C10 that was a perfect candidate to get started with. The frame and the bed are both in good shape but the cab has seen better days. Unfortunately it sat for a number of years and the previous owner(s) were negligent on some needed repairs and body work. It didn't discourage me because I have big plans for the truck.

I'm very much in the learning stages as I learn the nuances of a nearly 60 year old Chevy! I'm looking forward to all of the information and wisdom this forum has to offer as I continue with my build. I'll try and get some pictures up shortly but until then, thank you very much for having me.


Jason

64 C10 - First early truck build!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the forum Jason. Be sure to check out all the forums we have. There is on specifically for 60-66 trucks.
I used to work a lot in the Niagara peninsula, in construction.
Leo

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
Welcome to the “Bolt”! Two summers ago, before the pandemic, my wife, grandson and myself visited the Niagara Falls and we absolutely loved it. You live in a beautiful area. Congrats to you and your wife on buying your truck!


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt. Please post a couple pix of your project.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt, Jason. Consider yourself at home.

A truck 60 years old may be old to you but to us "young guys like me" that seems like yesterday. That is a good choice with parts available for just about anything. Good luck on your project. Ask questions in the garage forums and we'll do the rest.

.....if you get a chance to met up with Leo "1953Panel" please do so. He's long time bolter and a really nice guy.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
Hello Jason, I'm anxious to see a pic of your '64. Glad you found us.

Welcome to the Stovebolt

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
Welcome from a fellow Canadian stovebolt addict . Almost everything you might want to know about your C 10 will be found in the pages of this forum .

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 10
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 10
Welcome from another Canadian as well.. I as well have just joined.


!952 9300 GMC

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0