| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, TexasA&M48Truck, CandoBrent, Forty9, TUTS 59, MikeStone1953),
140
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 26 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 26 | Hello everyone I have a 1950 GMC 1/2 ton. When I try to order parts from car quest or Napa they ask what series it is (for example FC101,102). I cannot Find a reference list anywhere where I can compare the VIN to a series. From the VIN I believe it is a 1300 or 9300 series truck. Wheelbase is 116” Thank you | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | You have a Canadian GMC Do you have metal plate on the door opening (between driver's-side hinge)? What is your engine serial number (stamped/pressed into the block on the ledge to the rear of the distributor)? You might want to also post your question on oldsGMC.trucks.com discussion board?
Last edited by tclederman; 01/16/2021 5:33 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 26 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 26 | My engine # is C332586
Last edited by Rmcea; 01/16/2021 10:05 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | The Canadian light duty trucks had Chevy engines. The series would be 9300. 1300 were Chevy half ton trucks. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 1,004 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 1,004 | Only the 3 ton and up gmc seem to get a gmc engine in Canada or so I’ve been told My 2 ton and 2.5 ton gmc both have a Chevy engine -s | | | | | Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 62 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2017 Posts: 62 | Could try telling them it's a chevy 3100. Seems like they're easier to find in napas database than the Canadian GMC's. Seems to work for me for anything other than engine parts. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 2,310 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 2,310 | You would have. 9300 if it was a half ton, 1300 is Chevy .I have a 54 gmc 9300 when I look up parts I look up using Chevy 1/2 ton .you truck came with a 216 most likely unless it was changed .if you need a shop Manuel there is a 54 gmc Manuel on kijjiji London for 20 bucks it is a Canadian version it would be different in some ways but if you truck has a newer 235 it would have it covered as well as the gmc engines in he bigger trucks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 2,310 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 2,310 | Casting numbers on the engine are usually the easiest way to see what engine you have rather than the serial number ,at least on a Canadian truck | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | 1950 Canadian GMC Chevrolet trucks are way down on this page. 1915 - 1972It is a very long web page. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Here is a copy of the serial number explanation from the manual. I have the same page in my manual for 1948 to 52. old GMC Trucks . Your truck would be all Chev mechanically. Even the white on brown instruments are in Chev colours. Most cartalogs have listings using the US series numbers so I believe yours would be a 3100 in the catalog. I am curious which motor you have. I have the Canadian 216 with the short side cover. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 26 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 26 | | | |
| |
| |