Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! Nice find.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Welcome to the “Bolt”! You got a great truck to start with. This is the best site on the internet to get help restoring your stovebolt and all you have to do is ask!
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Nice truck, it's a great start to your project. You should see if you can can get it running and drivable before you make any real plans for it. Welcome to the "BOLT".
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Yeah, we've seen much worse. Count your blessings and visit us often. We're here to help when you need it......see you around the shop forums...........and welcome to the best dang old chevy truck site on the entire web.
Great truck score. I’m also new here, so welcome. When I got my ‘50 it wasn’t covered in 12 years of dust but the paint was so oxidized I wasn’t sure if it was green or black. A bit of compound and a few hours of polishing brought it right back. Now i have a shiny original paint truck.