Hello. I am a new member here, though I’ve been reading posts through searches for a little while. I recently re acquired my dads 51 3100 that I drove in high school. A 25 year dream come true for me. Currently it has a full pressure 235, 3 speed with overdrive and rear end from a bel air. FI Tech fuel injection on a Clifford intake. It has an original set of Fenton headers and an original Fenton valve cover. Looking forward to all the knowledge that is here.
Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to Stovebolt. Nice to hear your truck has been in the family. You will find answers to any question you may have in the Garage forums. Just pick the forum that best fits your problem and we'll do the rest.
I see your just up the road in Asheville. If your down here near Spartanburg (actually Boiling Springs) look me up and we can get some BBQ or a good hot dog and cold Pepsi. Treats on me!
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Welcome Sludge! With history like that, as well as how the truck is set up, it seems like you probably have a lot of knowledge yourself to share! Thanks for joining in -- I look forward to learning what you have to share with us!
John
~ John
A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.
1949 Chevrolet 3804 In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum 1973 IH 1310 Dump 1963 Kaiser M38A1 2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie" 2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Welcome to the "BOLT". I know there will be a lot of questions headed your way about the fuel injection. Many of us here have discussed it but only a few are brave enough to cross over and try it.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane