I just found this forum and something about it has got me interested.I purchased a 1946 basket case pickup.The previous owner had it completly apart and had started the project, then got discouraged.I bought it in boxes.Once i got started i found that the work he had started was not to my standards so i decided to start over.I want to keep it looking like a'46 from the outside with a driver friendly underside.The previous owner had already discarded the frame so i'm not ruining an original truck.I joined this forum to get ideas and insight. Thanks
Welcome to the "Bolt". There are a lot of folks on this site that have started with much less than what you have and still completed their project, all are willing to help. Pull up a stool and join the fun.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Since your drive train is not going to be stock you will find help in the HiPo Forum as well as Engines and Drivetrain.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Welcome! As mentioned, check out all the various forums here on the site, and ask your questions in the ones which most closely relate. Lots of good help to be found here.
Welcome to our site! Cool project! With the PO already having made some of the fundamental decisions for you (i.e., discarding the original frame) liberates you from the whole keeping it original stress. You can feel free to do whatever you want!
I hope you find lots of help and friends here. We have more than a few active bolters in the Maritimes
~ John
A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.
1949 Chevrolet 3804 In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum 1973 IH 1310 Dump 1963 Kaiser M38A1 2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie" 2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Thanks for the warm welcome.I will be checking HiPo,Engines and Drivetrain among other places here.Today I am fabricating a crossmember for my radiator support and that will give me a place to attach my bumper brackets later.Need to put a lot of the front end together to get the correct distance for the rad support.But that's how it goes.Put together and take apart.