Hi folks, I am a new subscriber from upstate NY. Your group was suggested by my truck's renovator. I purchased a gorgeous 3100 that is a frame-off restoration to original vintage but better than new in my book. Her name is Rose, after her reincarnation by a man of that name. And oh what a beauty! I have looked for this model, color and year for several years now and it suddenly happened one day as I scrolled all of the classic vehicle markets and found her on Hemmings Auctions. I just built a new garage with a space for the truck on my bucket list, not knowing that it would happen even this year...my Covid project. I hope you enjoy some of her pictures and would love any input. I just built wooden racks for the back to match the floor in the truck bed.
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Tom, all is well. Until you have made 4 post you are considered "moderated" which helps us to keep out spam, spiders and unwanted guest. After you have made 4 post you can then send private messages (PM's) and enjoy all Stovebolt has to offer.
.....you may want to plan on attending the Stovebolt Homecoming in April which is probably going to be in Virgina. Its a great event and in Sept. we have the Stovebolt Reunion in Kansas City, Mo. Its canceled this year due to virus but both should be on the schedule for next year.....start planning and visit here often to stay up to date.
I would have never noticed the filler neck had John not mentioned it. I would like to see how that was mounted and where they ran through to the tank. I have been thinking seriously about not putting the tank back in behind the seat.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane