The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (WICruiser, 3800GUY, kades51, Paul Mullen, TUTS 59, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,381
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1374554 08/23/2020 2:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Are the gas tanks for 47 and 48 different for each series? Will a 1/2-ton tank fit a 3/4-ton? Some of the vendors advertise a tank that fits 1/2-tons Pickups, Suburbans, Panels and Canopies with no mention of other models. Seems to be some confusion about it. Thanks.


Professional Novice
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
1929-1954 Master Parts Catalog3.001 TANK, Gasoline

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Thanks Tim. I'm still confused. Glad I don't need one myself.


Professional Novice
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Frank, are you looking for any fuel tank that might fit?

You have a 1950 truck, but, you refer to a 47/48 tank?
Into what year truck do you want to install the tank?

Do you want an original style/location tank?

Do you want an in-cab tank, or an under-bed (inside frame) tank (where I think the original 1947/48 tanks were installed)?

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Tim, I personally do not need a tank, as I don't have a truck now. Someone on another forum that I frequent was asking about a replacement tank for his 1947 3600. He bought a tank from one of the vendors that did not fit, and I was doing some research. Thank you.


Professional Novice

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0