The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wally / Montana, Shade Baby), 112 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
We have a 51 Ford truck that came in with a worn fuel pump rod lobe on the camshaft. Barely moves the rod and replacing the cam is a b_tch on a flat head. Owner brought with him a Tanks Inc in tank efi pump and regulator kit with fuel return line. Should work and last a long time with the pump submerged in gasoline plus be way more quiet than a regular frame mounted electric pump. I've seen this set up a number of times on race cars but with a Holley high volume external rotary electric pump. Another option for our trucks?


Evan
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,501
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,501
Evan isn't that EFI pump a high pressure one? All of those I've seen produce at least 20 and some up to 60 psi. It will be more quiet but if used with a carburetor, I'm afraid anything more than about 5 wouldn't work well. I've been using a frame mounted pump for several years with good luck. The one I have produces about 2.5 psi and that works fine with a 235. The same pump is being sold on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00496RE82/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hate to suggest a Chinese-made product other than soy sauce, but I bought the first one of these in 1997 and replaced it in 2018.


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
FORD? What’s up with talking Fords? I’ve noticed in several of the forums lately that discussing the F word has become the norm. Shame on y’all!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Thank you, Martin

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,223
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,223
There are new pumps out now being made for carburetors, https://www.hotrod.com/articles/aeromotives-tank-pumps-carburetors/ Any decent regulator should cure the pressure problem.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Holley makes a fuel pressure regulator one can put online to keep pressure down to 3-5 psi.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
FORD? What’s up with talking Fords? I’ve noticed in several of the forums lately that discussing the F word has become the norm. Shame on y’all!

Wow, I didn't even notice this was a F*** question until you pointed it out.


1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Well, I mentioned a 'Found on Road Dead' product that no-one else produces that I used on my '37 GMC, to enhance the performance of the GMC. I wouldn't hesitate to use that resource.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Ed, Evan could have worded his post in such a way that the Ferd wasn’t the lead topic. Using parts from different makes to keep our trucks running is entirely acceptable. I personally own a Ferd but I don’t discuss it here, there are forums for every brand.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0