The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (klhansen, UtahYork, Mr Crosswrench, 1955 1 Series, 55shaker, 1 invisible), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,395
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137156 02/12/2007 2:15 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
I have a 235 with a bad head ( looks like a road map ). I have the 216 I took out of my 50 1/2 ton. I know the head is good but I think the crank is bad. I remember seeing a story about using a 235 crank in 216 block. And haveing a full pressure system vs dip and splash. Any help.
Thanks Dave


Stock and loveing it.
#137157 02/21/2007 8:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
Hey Dave, I wished I say your post a couple of days ago. There's a 216 in an old welder nearby. As far as a 235 crank going into a 216, I'm not 100% positive but I tink the 235 is longer in length than the 216 block would accomodate. The guys phone number for the 216 if he still has it is 541-826-5117. Thats here in southern Oregon. I tried to turn the engine with my hands and the belt broke but it started to move so I think it is not froze up. H.

#137158 02/23/2007 1:55 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Dave, I have a 216 sitting in my yard that I took out of my 46. It was running when I took it out. You can have it if you come and get it. If you want parts for your 235 I ahve most of one left from my transplant for my 46.

George

#137159 02/23/2007 4:26 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
I have an OLD 235 (splash oiler-high torque) with a later, drilled 235 crank. An expert machinest friend had to modify one bearing web to make it fit plus some other items. So it should work with bearing modifications but the 235 has a longer stroke so that would all have to be worked out.

Should be much easier to find another 216 crank or better yet find a complete 235 motor. There are lots more reasons for NOT messing with the 216s or high torque 235s, very low compression for one.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0