I've been lurking for a couple of days, registered today. What a fantastic resource these forums will be as I begin work on my Big Bolt. Its a one-owner 1949 GMC 2ton, with a 261 [The original 235 was changed out in 1957]. Has a grain box with hoist. I'm doing the Rochester B thing first, then brakes. It hasn't been used for about 10 years, so this seems like a good way to get started. If it starts & runs with the carb rebuild I'll move on to the brakes.
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)