The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 69 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 197
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 197
My truck has had some weird mods done to it before my wife bought it for me, like aftermarket gauges and whatnot.
I figure that this one is not original but I have been wrong before, what do you think?
Attachments
20200417_135438.jpg (398.48 KB, 66 downloads)


62' GMC Fleetside 3/4 ton 235 4-speed.
Time makes fools of us all.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Add on by PO.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Yours is a GMC, but in 1962 the Chevy C10 came with factory turn signals as standard equipment. So yours did too. You will probably see a hole in the column for the original lever if you take that aftermarket switch off. The PO did not want, or didn't know how, to repair the original switch.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 197
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 197
Thank you guys, that makes a lot of sense. My blinkers never worked, and I was pretty sure that wasn't original but if it was worth saving I would get it working again but I think I will try to track down an original lever and get it blinking again.


62' GMC Fleetside 3/4 ton 235 4-speed.
Time makes fools of us all.

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0